Rug Care Tips
RUG CARE MUST HAVES:
√ White terrycloth towels √ Small bowls + sponge √ Club Soda
√ White vinegar + cool water (50/50) √ Soft brush (not too stiff) √ Hair dryer
√ PET OWNERS – PureAyre Enzyme (order at www.pureayre.com)
RUG CARE MUST NEVER DO:
(Risk of color loss, discoloration, permanent yellowing, fiber damage and dye bleeding.)
Do NOT use on oriental and area rugs (wool/silk/cotton):
→ Folex, Resolve, Oxyclean, Simple Green, Woolite, Salt, Baking Soda, or Bleach.
RUG CARE “FUGITIVE” DYE TEST:
1) Run HOT WATER from the faucet, and wet a portion of a white TOWEL.
2) Wring the excess out so it is DAMP but not wet.
3) BEND open an area of the rug with “suspect” colors that may be fugitive.4) Press the damp towel INSIDE the fibers (not just on the surface tips).
5) HOLD STILL for 10-15 seconds. (If you move you may move dye.)
6) Remove towel and see if there has been any color transfer.
7) If there has been color transfer – the dyes are FUGITIVE.
Food & Drink Spills (Dyes are colorfast)
• SPOON up solids, or VACUUM up dry pieces.
• If stain remains, use sponge to dampen the spill area with CLUB SODA.• BLOT area with cotton TOWEL (do not rub).
• BLOT until spill stops transferring to the TOWEL.
• Place a folded towel UNDER and OVER the spill area to sandwich it.
• Stand on the sandwich to help excess moisture to wich out.
• Use HAIR DRYER (on cool setting) to dry and groom the nap with with BRUSH.
• Prop area up for several hours so that the inside fibers dry completely.
Food & Drink Spills (Dyes are fugitive)
Rug Cleaning in Atlanta (770) 965-7079 www.RugCleaninginAtlanta.com